Conversion growth since 2017
Mobile revenue growth in 2020
The Remarkable Difference: How Saint Gobain Prepared its Gyproc Tools Brand for Rapid Online Growth
- New custom commerce presence and unique tool hire ordering facility
- Bespoke warehouse management system customised for hire
- Enhanced mobile device experience makes it easier for customers to order while on the move
- Integration with Experian for credit checking
- Royal Mail and UK Mail courier integrations
- Payments via Barclaycard Smartpay
- 367% increase in conversion rate since 2017
- 101% sales growth in 2020
- 130% mobile revenue growth in 2020
- 86% increase in organic search traffic in 2020
“The project, which was a first of its kind for Saint-Gobain Construction Products in the UK and Ireland, had many challenges. Remarkable’s flexibility and agile working methods throughout were invaluable in delivering this project.”
Richard Guest, Gyproc Ltd
Saint Gobain The Challenge
The team at Saint Gobain responsible for the Gyproc Tools brand was tasked with undertaking a digital transformation project in a short space of time as the brand prepared to embark on a significant growth strategy.
A flexible, powerful ecommerce capable of seamless integration with stock and warehousing, as well as bespoke hire functionality was crucial to that strategy.
However, while Gryproc Tools had previously built an online presence, it was a basic corporate site offering no ecommerce functionality, which led the management team to seek solution – eventually landing on the Remarkable Commerce Platform as offering all the power and flexibility it needed.
Saint Gobain The Solution
Saint Gobain S.A. commissioned the Remarkable team to build a brand new, bespoke ecommerce presence on the Remarkable Commerce Platform.
Even though this was a large-scale enterprise level project with several complex processes and integrations the Remarkable team rose to the challenge – delivering within 14 weeks from order.
The new site provides a full range of taping and jointing products and services, while innovative features and integrations enhance the overall customer experience:
- Unique hire functionality enables drywalling customers to buy or hire tools, buy spare parts or book in tools for a service and repair all in one place.
- A warehouse management facility with handheld scanners supports efficient inventory and fulfilment operations
- Full mobile commerce features provide a vital route to sales, with customers commonly ordering while on the move
A range of easy integrations support everything from credit checking and payment to delivery.
Saint Gobain STAND-OUT FEATURE
Remarkable Commerce were commissioned to build a fully bespoke Warehouse Management System (WMS) alongside the Remarkable Commerce Platform build – this modular microservice architecture enabled middleware to be created, which seamlessly connected the two systems. Data such as order details, customer data and stock information was passed back and forth through a set of custom APIs.
Saint Gobain The Results
- 367% increase in conversion rate since 2017
- 101% sales growth in 2020.
- 130% mobile revenue growth in 2020.
- 86% increase in organic search traffic in 2020.
- Headless architecture and native microservices support enable St Gobain to innovate and adapt at pace.
Saint Gobain The Tech Stack
The Remarkable Commerce team developed and maintains the following architecture for Saint Gobain:
In Summary – A long standing partnership that has delivered success for Saint Gobain, continually evolving their technologies and platform to deliver consistent growth.
Read what we have been up to
5 signs that you have outgrown your eCommerce platform
Top Tips for Peak Trading – FREE Cheat Sheet
Boost marketplace sales – FREE Cheat Sheet
5 Trends That Will Shape eCommerce In The First Half Of 2022
IMRG Report: Are mid-sized retailers keeping up with rapidly changing customer expectations?
9 Weird & Wonderful UX Functions for Product Listing Pages
Read Now: IMRG Fashion Connect 2021 Event Report
IMRG Fashion Connect 2021: From rapid innovation to flexible, adaptable operations – hear from our clients
Top 7 early eCommerce trends of 2021
Remarkable Commerce Headline Sponsor at the IMRG Virtual Fashion Connect 2021
Grab your FREE tickets!
Absolute Snow become the UK’s No.1 retailer of Snow Sports Equipment
Is Shopper Spend shifting as we ease out of Lockdown?
The secrets behind On-Site Search, with Rise at Seven
Trusted By Leading Retailers
The Remarkable Difference: Powering the World’s Fastest Growing Plus-Size Brand to £100m Turnover
Traffic increased by over 800,000 visitors during the last 12 months and Ecommerce sales conversion has consistantly increased by over 10%.